For the past several years, A New Vintage wine shop and its owner, Ilene Dudunake, have been covered in the media for various reasons. See below for a sampling.
- Ilene selects her favorites at the Cascadia Wine Competition 2016: You've seen a lot about the gold medal winners at the fourth annual Cascadia Wine Competition. A few of the judges, including A New Vino owner Ilene selected a few of their favorites - regardless of what medal a wine received. It's pretty illuminating.
- Wine Sense: Eye on Idaho “We’ve had an infusion of young blood, and our new winemakers are putting Idaho on the map,” Dudunake says. “People are realizing we grow more than just potatoes.”
- Ilene judges Idaho Wine Competition s conducted by Wine Press Northwest, a quarterly consumer magazine based in Washington. Read all about it at The Idaho Statesman.
- Ilene was selected as the November 2013 cover story and model for the local HERLIFE magazine. Writer Gail Siverstein interviewed Ilene asking her to share her story of success. The article covers Ilene's work experience, motivation, and tales of success. The story begins, "Ilene Dudunake defied the odds when she opened A Vintage Wine Shop in May 2001. After four banks rejected her business idea, she found financing and pursued her dream of owning a wine bar and store where customers can sample before they buy." Truly defying the local attitude of small businesses, Ilene came out on top.
- To offer customers an assortment of 500 wines is one thing. To taste 300 wines in a 48-hour period without seeing the labels? Thats the difference between being a wine shop owner and a professional wine judge. In this article, Andy Perdue and Eric Degerman describe Ilene's experience judging the Northwest Wine Summit in Hood River, Oregon this past summer. Way to go, Ilene!
- Interesting news and notables! Ilene judged a competition for Idaho wines! Read about it here!
- Read an article by Garry Scholz_ meant for publication in the Meridian Magazine. Scholz describes Ilene stating, "Her customer service skills quickly convert them into regulars who return time and again. An observer would readily agree that A New Vintage Wine Shop will be a success for years to come." We all agree.
- Come on in to meet one of the top TWO finalists for the Idaho Business Woman of the Year! That's right, our own ILene has done such a fantastic job leading the way for Idaho business women and we are so PROUD of her.